When is the next appointment?
CHDP provides periodic preventive health services to Medi-Cal recipients
based on the federally-mandated Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnosis, and
Treatment (EPSDT) Program. CHDP covers all California Medi-Cal recipients from
birth to age 21, or under 19 yo w/ family income less than 200% federal poverty
level, or enrolled in Head Start or state preschool program. CHDP covers well
child care only (WCC) on the following schedule.
- less than 1 month of age
- 2 months of age
- 4 months of age
- 6 months of age
- 9 months of age
- 12 months of age
- 15 months of age
- 18 months of age
- 2 years of age
- 3 years of age
- 4-5 years of age (preschool)
- 6-8 years of age (early grade school)
- 9-12 years of age (pre-teen)
- 13-16 years of age (early teen)
- 17-20 years of age (late teen)
CHDP recommended testing/screening:
- Can stop head circ age 2 y.
- BP starting age 3 y
- Blood lead: 1 yr, 2 yr
- Hb: 7-9 m, 13-15 m, every WCC visit beginning age 2 yr.
- Urine dip/UA: 4-5 yr, and every WCC visit.
- PPD: 4-5 y, 13-16 y.
- Snellen/Audiometry: every WCC starting age 3 y
- pelvic exam starting age 13-16 if sexually active or over 18.
- PRN testing: VDRL/RPR, GC/CT, Pap smear, sickle cell, O&P