- Unilateral features (75% right sided)
- Hypoplasia due to absence of the pectoralis major muscle. Ipsilateral rib
defects and absence of breast or areola/nipple may also occur.
- Ipsilateral hypoplasia distally with syndactyly, brachydactyly,
- Familial occurrence is extremely rare, but there are occasional reports
- Bavinck and Weaver and other suggest a possible vascular etiology,
postulating vascular interruption around the sixth week of development.
CHLA board review course 2005
Baraitser and Winter, 1996. Color Atlas of Congenital Malformation Syndromes